2-4-6-8 Cake

This cake was taught to me by my Mum, and her Mum before her. They never had a recipe written down, just a formula.  I make this cake more often than not because, I don't need a recipe, I can vary the flavour really easily, and most importantly it's really delicious. The measurements are imperial to and align with the name.
This cake, which includes a teaspoon of cinnamon and a very ripe mashed banana, is cooked in a ring tin and topped with lemon icing.

Ingredients

2 eggs
4 oz butter (softened)
6 oz sugar
8 oz self raising flour
5 oz milk
1/2 tsp vanilla paste

Method

  1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
  2. Cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time and fold in the milk and flour until combined.
  3. Cook in a buttered and lined 22 cm diameter tin at 180 degrees celcius for approximately 35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Store in the airtight container.

Comments

Popular Posts